First Week Down!

I can't believe I survived my first week with MY students in kindergarten! I love the sound of it! No it hasn't been easy and I've been exhausted but I'm still loving that I have my own class after subbing so long I feel like I get to start with my own students which is fantastic!

1. We did lots of get to know you activities, went over procedures and rules A LOT, and I started some whole brain teaching! "Class, Yes" went over SO WELL!! I'm excited to implement more later on.  Of course, I have no pictures since this week was insane.  I started reading the kissing hand and quite a few activities spurred off of it because it connected really well with what they were feeling on the first day.


2. I hope to be back more when I can wrap my head around blogging, and school, and grad school.  If you didn't check out my Apps in Kindergarten - you should.  I really excited to use an Ipad to help my students in school see if you can find anything you can use.

3. Below you will find a FREE responding to technology sheet.  I think this could be a great way to encourage metacognition even when learning with Ipads or other technology.  Students can complete it as part of an Ipad/technology center. It really gets them focused on what they learned in that time!



If you follow on Instagram you know I made some HOT Dots! I will use Skittles combined with the cards below after read alouds to get students using those higher order thinking skills! I absolutely adore the combo and can't wait to use them really soon.  Let me know if you're interested in the topper for the jar, I can upload if you want it! :)


You can find the cards FREE here!
 
5. Look what I found! This should be useful in my new state don't you think?! I've been told I don't have an accent, I guess that's a good thing?!  Minnesota definitely does though....just a little ;)


2 comments

  1. I would love the hot dots jar topper if you get a chance. Congrats on surviving the first week! Isn't it fabulous to have a class of your very own?

    ThePolishedTeacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making it through your first week! Enjoy your blog.


    Lipstick and Learning

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top alt-text